The BQ25798EVM evaluation module (EVM) is used to evaluate the BQ25798 device. The BQ25798 is an integrated switched-mode buck-boost battery charge management device in HOTROD (QFN) package, intended for 1-series to 4-series cell Li-ion and Li-polymer batteries from 3.6-V to 24-V input with programmable 750-KHz and 1500-KHz switching frequency. The I2C serial interface with charging and system settings makes the device a truly flexible solution. The BQ25798 has maximum power point tracking (MPPT) feature for use with HiZ power sources like solar panels.
- Easily evaluate the high-efficiency 5-A switch-mode buck-boost charger in the HOTROD (QFN) package
- Use of EV2400 or USB2ANY interface to switch between charge and USB On-the-Go (OTG) as well as monitor charger status and faults as well as voltages and current with an integrated analog-to-digital converter (ADC)
- Use of an onboard USB input adapter for connecting to a USB source and either communication through D+/D– to set the default input current limit
- Onboard test points, sense resistors and jumpers facilitate measurement of high-efficiency and high-accuracy voltage and current regulation
- Bi-directional blocking NFETs included for evaluating dual input source selector, with jumpers to bypass