The BQ76942EVM evaluation module (EVM) is a complete evaluation system for the BQ76942, a 3-cell to 10-cell Li-Ion battery monitor integrated circuit. The EVM consists of a BQ76942 circuit module which is used for simple evaluation of the BQ76942 monitor function. The circuit module includes one BQ76942 integrated circuit (IC), sense resistor, thermistors, power FETs, and all other onboard components necessary to protect the cells from overcharge, over discharge, short circuit, and overcurrent discharge, over temperature and under temperature in a 10-series cell Li-Ion or Li-Polymer battery pack. The circuit module connects directly across the cells in a battery, or can be connected with a power supply and the included cell simulator resistors. With the on-board interface or compatible external interface board and Microsoft® Windows® based PC graphical user interface (GUI) software, the user can view the device registers, evaluate voltage, current and temperature accuracy, perform calibration, adjust protection limits and enable FET control outputs.
- Complete evaluation system for the BQ76942 3-cell to 10-cell Li-Ion and Phosphate battery monitor
- Populated circuit module for 10-cell configuration for quick setup
- Communication available with included USB interface adapter or available on 4-pin connector
- Resistor cell simulator for operation with only a power supply
- This circuit module is tested and includes firmware, GUI, demo and getting started guide.