The EVM features the DAC8550EVM digital to analog converter. The EVM provides a quick and easy way to evaluate the functionality and performance of this high resolution, single channel, serial input, Digital to Analog Converter (DAC). The EVM provides the serial interface header for communication. This allows easy attachment to any host microprocessor or TI DSP base system. Stacking allows a total of two channels for the DAC8550 to be used provided the frame synchronization signal is unique for each EVM board stacked.
- The EVM is compatible with the 5-6KINTERFACE board allowing use of the C3000 and C6000 DSPs as well as the MSP430 MCU
- The serial interface is easily attached to TI DSP based communication systems
- A precision +5 V reference is provided as default reference for the DAC via U3
- Headers J2 and P2, top and bottom, pass through connectors are used for interface signals
- The DAC outputs can be monitored through specific pins of J4 header connector