The dual half-bridge driver DRV8816 can drive one brushed DC motor or one winding of a stepper motor, as well as other devices like solenoids with individual half-bridge control. The DRV8816 is capable of peak output currents up to ±2.8 A and operating voltages up to 38V. The device has a current sense output and configurable over-current limit, and sleep mode is enabled via a sleep pin. The DRV8816 is fulled protected with a fault indication pin.
The DRV8816EVM (evaluation module) serves as a user-friendly evaluation kit to demonstrate TI's brushed motor driver DRV8816. Users can control the DRV8816 with the onboard MSP430 microcontroller with pre-loaded firmware, or with an external microcontroller. The board is capable of driving a single DC motor bidirectional or two DC motors unidirectional.
- 2.8A Peak Current Output
- Wide Operating Voltage: 8 to 38V
- Single bidirectional or dual unidirectional motor operation options
- Current sense output and configurable over-current limit
- Evaluate driver performance with on-board MSP430 MCU or external MCU
- On-board speed and enable controls
- Key signals brought out to board test points