The DS125DF1610EVM allows for easy evaluation of the DS125DF1610. Users are required to supply power and high speed traffic to the EVM via the SMA connectors. A low cost on board oscillator provides a reference clock for the DS125DF1610’s PPM counter, so external clocking equipment is not required.
The vertical SMA connectors bring out connections to the high speed transmit and receive terminals of quad 2 in the DS125DF1610. This allows the user to evaluate the receive and transmit signal condition features of device as well as the 4x4 analog cross point switch.
Through the SMBus port and GUI software, users can evaluate other features such as the integrated Eye Opening Monitor (EOM), Pattern Generator, PRBS Checker and other register features.
- Programmable via SMBus port
- Supports 9.8 Gbps to 12.5 Gbps and divide by 2, 4, 8 data rates
- 4x4 analog cross point switch
- JTAG port for IEEE 1149.1 and 1149.6
- EVM support single supply (2.5V or 3.3V)