The LM5156EVM-BST evaluation module showcases the features and performance of the LM5156-Q1 wide-input voltage non-synchronous boost controller. The standard configuration is designed to provide a regulated output of 12 V at 3 A from an input of 3 V to 12 V, switching at 440 kHz.
This EVM is designed for ease of configuration, enabling a user to evaluate many different applications on the same module. Functionality includes external clock synchronization, enabling of spread spectrum oscillator dithering, programmable slope compensation, adjustable soft-start, programmable cycle-by-cycle current limit, and output over voltage protection.
- Input voltage range: 3 V to 12 V
- Output voltage: 12 V at 3 A with 1% accurate reference voltage
- Efficiency > 95% at full load
- 440-kHz switching frequency
- External clock synchronization option
- Internal spread spectrum operation