LM5166 DC/DC Converter Design Tool
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
Welcome to the LM5166 Quick-Start Design Tool. This standalone tool facilitates and assists the power supply engineer with design of a DC/DC buck converter based on the LM5166 low IQ synchronous buck DC/DC regulator. As such, the user can expeditiously arrive at an optimized design to meet the application requirements.
- Determine filter inductance and input and output filter capacitances for a given operating mode (PFM or COT)
- Optimize the design using efficiency and solution size as key performance metrics
- Select components for soft-start, input UVLO, output voltage setpoint, current limit and switching frequency
- Inspect converter efficiency, solution size, component power dissipation, switching frequency, and output voltage ripple
- Analyze efficiency based on selected component parameters
- Review auto-generated schematic and BOM list
- Determine EMI filter components