LM5175 Quickstart Calculator
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
Welcome to the LM5175 quick-start design tool. This standalone tool facilitates and assists the power supply engineer with design of a DC/DC buck regulator based on the LM5175 buck-boost PWM controller. As such, the user can expeditiously arrive at an optimized design to meet the application requirements.
- Determine filter inductance and input and output filter capacitances
- Select components for current sensing, soft-start, UVLO, and dither
- Optimize compensation values and pole/zero placement in terms of current-mode control loop stability using crossover frequency as a performance metric
- Enter relevant parameters for all four power MOSFETs
- Inspect regulator efficiency and component power dissipations vs. line and load
- Analyze efficiency based on selected power stage components
- Review auto-generated schematic and bill-of-materials list
- Examine PCB layouts for EVMs and reference designs