LMG1205 GaN Power Stage Evaluation Module
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
- Using the LMG1205HBEVM
(PDF 1386 KB)
22 Mar 2017
80-V 10A Power Stage EVM - The LMG1205 half-bridge EVM board is a small, easy to use, power stage with an external PWM signal. The EVM is suitable for evaluating the performance of the LMG1205 driving a GaN half-bridge in many different DC-DC converter topologies. It can be used to estimate the performance of the half-bridge to measure efficiency. The module is capable of delivering a maximum of 10A of current. However, adequate thermal management (forced air, running at low frequency etc) should be followed to ensure that the maximum operating temperature specification for the on-board components is not exceeded. The EVM is not suitable for transient measurements as it’s an open loop board.
- Input voltage operates up to 80V
- Simple open loop design to evaluate performance of LMG1205 driving a GaN Half-Bridge
- VDD supply generated from an onboard linear regulator
- Single PWM input on board for PWM signal with < 8ns dead time
- Kelvin sense capability for input and output to measure efficiency
- Output current sense shunt resistor