LMP8646 Evaluation Board
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
- LMP8646EB User's Guide
(PDF 859 KB)
13 Feb 2012
The LMP8646 Evaluation Board (LMP8646EB) is designed to ease evaluation and design-in of TI's LMP8646, a Precision Current Limiter. The LMP8646 is used to detect small differential voltages across a sense resistor in the presence of high input common mode voltages. On board with the current limiter is the LM3102, a Step Down Switching Regulator that is capable of supplying 2.5A to loads. This document describes super cap and resistive load applications utilizing the LM3102 voltage regulator and the LMP8646 precision current limiter. The document also provides the schematic, layout, and BOM for the LMP8646 evaluation board.
- Provides circuit protection and current limiting
- Single supply operation
- -2V to +76V common mode voltage range
- Variable gain set by external resistor
- Adjustable bandwidth set by external capacitor
- Buffered output
- 3% output accuracy achievable at VSENSE - 100 mV