The LMZ12010 SIMPLE SWITCHER® power module is an easy-to-use DC-DC solution capable of driving up to a 10A load. They are available in an innovative package that enhances thermal performance and allows for hand or machine soldering.
The LMZ12010 can accept an input voltage rail between 6V and 20V. The device can deliver an adjustable and highly accurate output voltage as low as 0.8V and as high as 6V. The control structure is constant frequency PWM. The control loop operates well with low ESR output capacitors such as ceramics. The precision enable input allows for programmable UVLO of the input supply. The external soft-start capacitor facilitates a controlled and adjustable startup rise time of the output. The LMZ12010 family is a reliable and robust solution with the following features: loss-less cycle-by-cycle valley current limit to protect for over current or short-circuit fault, thermal shutdown, input under-voltage lockout, and will start up into a pre-biased output. Free-running switching frequency is 350 kHz.
- VIN = 6V to 20V
- Enable UVLO = 5.7V
- VOUT = 5V, 3.3V, 2.5V, 1.2V
- IOUT = 0 to 10A
- θJA = 9.9°C / W, θJC = 1.0°C/W
- PCB designed on four layers
- Inner are 1 oz.
- Outer are 2 oz.
- Measures 3.0 in. x 3.5 in. (7.5 cm x 8.9 cm)
- 62mil (.062 inch) thick of FR4 laminate material
- Max ambient temp of 65°C at full 10A load, no airflow
- LMZ12010 10A SIMPLE SWITCHER Power Module with 20V Maximum Input Voltage Demonstration Board