The SIMPLE SWITCHER® power module evaluation board is optimized for peak performance and increased flexibility. By incorporating additional ceramic and an aluminum filter capacitor, the power module EVAL board demonstrates the low output ripple, fast transient response, and low conducted and radiated EMI performance of the device. Adjusting the output voltage, optimizing the control loop circuitry, and fine-tuning the filter capacitance is easy, with convenient size and placement of the passive components on the board. Finally, the excellent thermal performance of the power modules is enhanced using a 4-layer PCB.
- Integrated shielded inductor (inside module)
- VIN = 15V to 42V
- Precision enable UVLO (set at 13.5V)
- 12V output (output voltage is adjustable by changing 1 or 2 resistors)
- Operates at full load up to 65°C ambient at 24V input
- Up to 97% (LMZ14203/LMZ12003)
- Thermal performance
- θJA = 14.9°C/W(2oz copper)
- θJC = 1.9°C/W
- Uses 0805 passives on front side for easy modification of values to match requirements
- 3in. x 3in. (7.62 cm x 7.62 cm) 4-layer 2oz copper on top and bottom, 1oz on internal layers.
- LMZ14203H 3A SIMPLE SWITCHER® Power Module with 42V Maximum Input Voltage Evaluation Board