This high-efficiency, high-power reference design uses the LM5119 two-phase synchronous-buck controller to regulate 14.4V at 60A. This design can be used to supply single car battery power from a double battery system, often found in trucks. Features include input EMI filtering, output hot swap protection, input/output current monitoring and temperature monitoring.
- Efficiency of 96% at Vin = 24V and 60A output
- Very low output ripple voltage (20mVpp)
- Internal 5V bias supply provides up to 0.5A
- Input and output current monitoring
- Output over-current protection