The PMP10604 reference design is a 2-layer board 5V, 3A output power supply using LM53603 buck regulator for cluster unit in automotive applications. The LM53603 is a 3.5V to 36V input, 3A output capable, and 2.1 MHz fixed frequency buck regulator, specially designed for automotive applications. It has exceptionally low quiescent current (24µA typical at no load), and can transit to PFM from PWM to ensure high efficiency at light load. For this reference design, it has an input voltage range of 7.5V to 36V, covering the wide variation conditions of the 12V battery in automotive space. The reference board includes an input EMI filter section, and the layout is optimized for improved EMI performance on a 2-layers PCB. The board was tested under the automotive EMC standard, CISPR 25, and the conducted emissions were in compliance with the CISPR 25 Class 5 requirements.
- 7.5V to 36V input voltage range
- 91% peak efficiency
- EMI optimized 2-layout design, compliance with CISPR 25 Class 5 conducted emissions standard
- 2.1MHz fixed frequency, and seamless transition to PFM mode at light load
- Sub 75µA operating quiescent current
- The reference board is tested, and the test report and design files are included