The PMP11328 is a high power density 30A PMBus power supply meeting the Xilinx Ultrascale+ ZU9EG FPGA core rail power specifications for Base Station Remote Radio Unit (RRU) applications. The power supply regulates 0.85V for the core rail at 25A in 55mm x 40mm total power supply PCB area. PMBus capability enables easy programming, and custom configuration of the power supply through on-board Non-Volatile Memory (NVM), as well easy Adaptive Voltage Scaling (AVS), and Voltage Margining. The power supply also enables monitoring of the output voltage, current, and external hot spot temperature through PMBus. Overall ±3% tolerance is met while efficiency is >82%.
- 12V input, 0.85V/25A PoL in 40mm x 55mm PCB area
- High efficiency >82% at 0.85V/25A, 500kHz
- Adaptive Voltage Scaling (AVS), Voltage Margining, and Output Voltage/Current/Temperature monitoring through PMBus and TI's Fusion GUI
- 4W Power Loss at 12VIN, 0.85V/25A
- 12mV overshoot/undershoot during a 8A load transient at 10A/µs
- ±3% total load regulation (AC and DC)