This reference design provides the system rails for automotive HUD, center information display, cluster display, or other automotive displays. A 3.3-V bus is generated by an off-battery buck converter. A boost converter provides 3.3-V to 5-V conversion and a buck provides 1.8 V from the 3.3-V rail. Display panel, CAN bus, microcontroller (MCU), FPD-Link, touch controller and switch packs are all examples of what can be driven by the power rails in this design. EMI filtering and reverse battery protection are included.
- Hardware tested automotive infotainment display unit power tree passing CISPR 25 conducted EMI limits
- All switching converters operating above 2 MHz to avoid AM band
- High light-load efficiency to reduce standby current consumption
- Less than 25°C temperature rise under full load current conditions for all switching converters
- Stable converter operation with over 45° phase margin and over 10-dB gain margin