PMP40312 is a dual port USB Type-C™ PD car charger reference design. The design's normal input voltage range is from 9V to 14.5V, and the maximum input voltage can be to 42V.The pure analog configuration for the USB type-C source controller--TPS25740B makes the PD negotiation easy. The solution supports 4 sets of output voltage options including 5V/9V/12V/15V. Each port provides a maximum of 32.5W output power for the USB Type-C device. This solution achieves high efficiency as a SMBus battery Buck-Boost charge controller BQ25700A and I2C battery Buck-Boost Charge Controller BQ25703A are implemented in the design.
- Dual channel USB Type-C™ PD DFP design
- 5V, 9V, 12V, 15V 32.5W*2 output with wide 5~36V input range
- IEC ESD and short-to-VBUS protection for CC and D+/D- lines
- Digital controlled design using low cost components
- Small size with low component count