TIDA-00017 is an eight-channel digital input module front-end reference design for programmable logic controllers (PLCs). It is designed and fully tested to meet IEC61000-4 EMC and surge requirements for industrial automation systems to reduce time to market. The design serializes eight digital inputs, up to 34-volts each, minimizing the number of isolation channels and GPIO pins required of the host interface. Serialized data and control signals are galvanically isolated from the PLC using our high-speed, 4242-volt peak digital isolator technology. The design also includes an over-current protected, isolated power supply providing all necessary module voltages. Full documentation, test results, design files and necessary firmware are also available for this design.
- Fully tested to comply with IEC61000-4 for ESD, EFT and surge
- Input protection circuitry and integrated 15-kV ESD protection
- User-programmable current limit of 2 mA on inputs for overcurrent protection
- Galvanic isolation on data and SPI data up to 4242-volts peak
- Integrated over-temperature indicator to disconnect inputs when fault conditions occur
- Slim form factor 95 mm x 50 mm x 10 mm (L x W x H)