This bipolar stepper motor system implements an MSP430, a DRV8818, and a NEMA 23 motor. It's suitable for applications requiring up to 140 oz-in of torque, and up to 800 RPM. Motor voltage support is 8V to 35V, and max current is 2.5A. A multitude of configuration options allow fine tuning of the current waveform, including the regulated current level, the microstepping applied, H-bridge FET states during current decay, the time interval of current decay, and current deglitch time. The motor drive stage has integrated protection from short-circuit, shoot-through, under-voltage, and over-temperature.
- Highly configurable current waveform allows maximum tunability
- Integrated power FETs support 8V to 35V and 2.5A
- Motor speed is easily controlled by the STEP frequency
- Hardware state machine modulates current with up to 1/8 microstepping for a smooth motion profile
- Integrated protection for short-circuit, shoot-through, under-voltage, and over-temperature
Motor must be ordered through the manufacturer