This reference design features two evaluation modules (EVMs) to enable an easy-to-use platform to demonstrate the capability and performance of motor drivers for power-folding side mirrors.
This reference design also allows easy evaluation of full-bridge, brushed DC-motor drivers capable of driving the retracting function of vehicle side view mirrors. With the built-in automotive protection features of overcurrent, thermal, shoot-through, UVLO and wide-input voltage (wide VIN) range, this motor driver provides the necessary features to survive a harsh automotive environment.
Additionally, this design provides test data to allow you to quickly evaluate the performance of the DRV8801-Q1 and the DRV8872-Q1 for folding-mirror modules.
- Single H-Bridge motor driver with integrated protection
- Wide 8-V to 38-V input supply range easily supports +12-V industry standard supplies
- EVM includes easy to use GUI
- Phase/enable control interface provides a simple, 2-pin control interface for motor operation
- Brake mode support allows the motor to stop quickly
- AEC-Q100 device options for EVM ICs available