Three Phase AC Voltage and Current Transducer with Isolated DC Analog Outputs Reference Design
This reference design uses the MSP430F67791A device to accurately measure voltage and current. It also demonstrates using two DC-analog output channels which are capable of being individually configured for voltage output (±10 V) or current output (±24 mA). The advantages of this design is that it measures voltage and current and provides a DC-analog output proportional to the AC inputs. Another advantage is the bidirectional DC-analog output.
The design has six digital outputs that can be used to drive relays. The functionality of the design can be extended to measure power.
- MSP430F67791A System-on-Chip (SOC) with six simultaneous delta-sigma ADCs for three current and voltage measurement
- Dual-output 16-bit DAC8563, XTR300 and ISO7341FC based. Programmable DC-voltage or current output; ±10-V DC or ±24 mA; unidirectional or bidirectional
- Digital outputs consist of six open collector outputs for driving relays, pulse and provided as open collector
- Voltage measurement range: 10% to 120% of rated voltage (230 V)
- Current measurement range: 5% to 200% of rated current (5 A)
- On-board current transformer and potential divider provided for direct measurement of voltage and current
A fully assembled board has been developed for testing and performance validation only, and is not available for sale.
Design files & products
Download ready-to-use system files to speed your design process.
Reference design overview and verified performance test data
Detailed schematic diagram for design layout and components
Complete listing of design components, reference designators, and manufacturers/part numbers
Detailed overview of design layout for component placement
Files used for 3D models or 2D drawings of IC components
Design file that contains information on physical board layer of design PCB
PCB layer plot file used for generating PCB design layout
Includes TI products in the design and potential alternatives.
MSP430F67661A — Polyphase metering SoC with 6 Sigma-Delta ADCs, LCD, real-time clock, 256KB Flash, 16KB RAMData sheet: PDF | HTML
CSD17571Q2 — 30-V, N channel NexFET™ power MOSFET, single SON 2 mm x 2 mm, 29 mOhmData sheet: PDF | HTML
|*||Design guide||Current Transducer With DC Analog Inputs and Digital Outputs Design Guide (Rev. A)||PDF | HTML||Apr. 20, 2018|
Support & training
TI E2E™ forums with technical support from TI engineers
If you have questions about quality, packaging or ordering TI products, see TI support.