This reference design uses our current shunt amplifiers, operational amplifiers (op amp), ADCs and digital isolators to provide current and voltage measurement for an on-board charger in a hybrid-electric/electric vehicle. The measured current and voltage can be used as control signals for battery-charging optimization. The design is capable of measuring high-side current up to 400-V common-mode voltage while being isolated from the AC portion of the charging circuit to reduce noise.
- High-side current monitoring up to 400-V common-mode and enables short-to-ground protection
- Less than 5% current-measurement error for the whole charging current range 1 A to 10 A
- Less than 10-µS over-current detection
- Up to 400-V voltage monitoring with less than 5% error
- Less than 10-µS voltage step detection
- 2000-V safety isolation