This reference design consists of a reinforced dualchannel digital isolator, a GaN gate driver, and isolated power supplies. This compact reference design is intended to control GaN in power supplies, DC-to-DC converters, synchronous rectification, solar inverters, and motor control. An open-loop push-pull topology based power supply for gate drivers provides flexibility in PCB routing. The pushpull transformer driver used in the TIDA-00785 operates at 300 kHz, which helps in reducing the size of the isolation transformer, leading to a compact power supply solution.
- Suited for Low-Voltage GaN Drives (300 to 450 V)\
- Rail-to-Rail Peak Current Drive Capability With 4-A Source and 6-A Current Suits Driving GaN Modules
- 5000-Vpk Reinforced Isolation and Very High CMTI of > 100 kV/us
- Spread Spectrum Operation of Transformer Driver Helps Reduce Emissions
- PWM Signals of Gate Drivers can be Directly Interfaced to a Controller (3.3-V Operation)