This reference design demonstrates a 15 mm x 20 mm, 94% efficiency, low electromagnetic interference (EMI) DC/DC module with the TPS54202, replacing low dropout regulator (LDO) in major home appliance applications. High efficiency eliminates the need of heat sink for a smaller design and and more cost savings. The higher current capability enables additional features to be added (WiFi, sensors, etc ). The high efficiency and low current consumption help achieving stringent energy ratings.
- 5-V regulated and up to 1-A output load
- 94% efficiency
- 2.5-μA standby current and 89-μA no load current
- Small form factor: size and pin-compatible and smaller than TO-247 (15 mm x 20 mm)
- Less than 30°C increase at full load, which eliminate the need of heat sink
- Reduce the on-board DC/DC design complexity, Save research and development time and efforts for switching power supply EMC design (quicker to market)