The TIDA-01130 reference design demonstrates a very small solution size for 2-MP automotive cameras with the capability of much faster forward channel data rate speeds by using MIPI CSI-2 interface and TI's 4Gbps FPD-Link III serializer. The higher throughput capability of this camera enables CMS and Rear Camera applications to use higher resolution and faster frame rate imagers which are critical when replacing mirrors. In addition, the camera includes one single Fakra connector for Power Over Coax (POC). Using POC, the camera can be powered from a central ECU, and over the same coax cable, the camera can transmit video data to the central processor and be initialized over I2C backchannel from the processor.
- High speed forward channel video data supported using MIPI CSI-2 interface and 4Gbps serializer
- Size optimized design fits on single PCB 20x20mm
- Power supply optimized for small size using fixed voltage converters
- Single Rosenberger Fakra coax connector for digital video, power, control and diagnostics
- Diagnostic and built in self test (BIST) for ASIL B applications