This reference design is ±100-A shunt-based, high-side continuous bidirectional current measurement addressing applications such as battery current monitoring and current monitoring in UPS, telecom rectifiers and server PSUs. This design achieves high accuracy with low-shunt resistance value reducing power loss and shunt sizing.
- Shunt-based ±100-A continuous bidirectional current measurement for accurate current monitoring applications
- Tight DC accuracy of <1% across temperatures from 25˚C to 85˚C
- Low-shunt value offers reduced power loss and enhances system efficiency
- High-side current sense for batteries ranging from 6 V to 60 V (12 V/24 V/36 V/48 V) and common-mode voltage up to 80 V
- Adaptable for current sensing even close to fast-switching nodes without any external common-mode filtering
- Fast (<10 us) over-current fault alert in either direction for system safety, with programmable threshold