This document focuses on two reference designs using the SN74HC595B 8-bit Shift Register with 3-State Output Registers and the SN74LVC244A Octal Buffer with 3-State Outputs, each used to expand three general purpose outputs on a microcontroller to eight or more general purpose outputs. Both devices are available in the ultra-small X2SON package. The Seven Segment Driver Reference Design focuses on individually controlling the eight LEDs in seven-segments with hardware that fits underneath the display module. This 8×8 LED Matrix Reference Design focuses on driving 64 LEDs arranged as an 8×8 matrix display that could be panelized to create larger displays.
- Wide voltage supply range of 2 V to 3.6 V
- Expands 3 general purpose output pins to 64+outputs
- Allows custom character displays on sevensegments
- Indefinitely expandable to additional sevensegments
- 8×8 LED Matrix with expandable outputs
- Compatible with 2.5-V and 3.3-V standard logic outputs