This reference design realizes a three-phase inverter subsystem for AC inverter drives and servo drives using an intelligent power module (IPM). Reinforced isolation is present between the microcontroller (MCU) and the IPM-based power stage. The PWM signals are isolated using the single-package, six-channel digital isolator, ISO7760. In-phase current sensing is done in two motor phases using the isolated delta-sigma modulator, AMC1303M0520. DC bus voltage feedback and module temperature feedback is provided to the MCU through isolated delta-sigma modulators, AMC1303M2520. This reference design is controlled by a C2000™ MCU.
- Power stage suited for 200-V to 480-V AC drives with continuous current rating up to 5 Arms and peak current rating of 10 Apk using a 1200-V, 15-A IPM
- Reinforced isolation between controller and power stage
- Single-package reinforced isolator ISO7760 for six PWM signals reduces BOM count and PCB footprint when compared to multiple optoisolators
- Excellent propagation delay matching of isolator channels allows for smaller dead time, resulting in reduced inverter output distortions and better efficiency
- PWM isolator with very low current consumption and self heating allows powering from 15-V IPM supply with small footprint LDO
- IEC61800-3 EMC immunity for EFT up to 4 kV on motor power cable