This reference design features a highly integrated, wearable wireless development system provided in a sports watch form-factor. It may be used as a reference platform for watch systems, a personal display for personal area networks, or as a wireless sensor node for remote data collection. Based on the CC430F6137 <1 GHz RF SoC, the eZ430-Chronos is a complete CC430-based development system contained in a watch and features a 96 segment LCD display, an integrated pressure sensor and 3-axis accelerometer for motion sensitive control.
- Complete sports watch based on the CC430F6137, an MSP430™ microcontroller with integrated sub-1-GHz wireless transceiver
- Watch can be reprogrammed for custom wireless applications
- Highly integrated watch includes on-board three-axis accelerometer, pressure sensor, temperature sensor, and battery voltage sensor
- 96-segment LCD display driven directly by the CC430 microcontroller
- Can be paired wirelessly with heart-rate monitors, pedometers, or other devices based on RF transceivers such as the CC430 or CC11xx devices
- Includes an eZ430-RF USB emulator that connects the eZ430-Chronos to a PC for real-time in-system programming and debugging.
- This reference design is tested and includes firmware, hardware design files & documentation.
- Hardware based on this design is also orderable from the TI eStore (eZ430-CHRONOS)