8-14V Vin, 1.2V Vout Sync Buck Controller Evaluation Module with NexFET™ Power MOSFETs
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
The TPS40304EVM-353 evaluation module (EVM) is a synchronous buck converter providing a fixed 1.2-V output at up to 20A from a 12-V input bus. The EVM is designed to start-up from a single supply; so, no additional bias voltage is required for start-up. The module uses the TPS40304 high performance, mid-input voltage synchronous buck controller and TI’s NexFET™ high performance MOSFETs. The TPS40304EVM-353 is designed to use a regulated 12V (8V-14V) bus voltage to provide a regulated 1.2-V output at up to 20A of load current. The TPS40304EVM-353 is designed to demonstrate the TPS40304 controller and TI NexFETs in a typical 12-V bus to low-voltage application while providing a number of non-invasive test points to evaluate the performance of the TPS40304 and TI NexFETs in a given application.
- 8-V to 14-V input voltage rating
- 1.2-V ± 2% output voltage rating
- 20-A steady state load current
- 600-kHz switching frequency
- Simple access to IC features including Power Good, Enable, Soft-Start, and Error Amplifier
- Convenient test points for simple, non-invasive measurements of converter performance