The TPS54320EVM-513 is a fully assembled and tested circuit for evaluating the TPS54320 synchronous step-down SWIFT™ converter. The EVM converts a 8-V to 17-V input voltage to a regulated 3.3-V output voltage that delivers up to 3 A. The switching frequency is externally set at a nominal 480-kHz. The high-side and low-side MOSFETs are incorporated inside the TPS54320 package along with the gate drive circuitry. The low drain-to-source on resistance of the MOSFETs allows the TPS54320 to achieve high efficiency (94.9%), while maintaining a cool junction temperature, even at high output currents. The compensation components are external to the integrated circuit (IC), and an external divider allows for an adjustable output voltage. Additionally, the TPS54320 provides adjustable slow start, tracking, and undervoltage lockout inputs.
- 8-V to 17-V input voltage range
- 94.9% efficiency (VIN = 8 V, IO = 0.9 A)
- 0.8V +/-1% voltage reference over temperature
- 2uA shutdown quiescent current
- 200-kHz to 1.2-MHz switching frequency
- Approximate circuit area of 227 sq. mm