UCC28781EMV-053 demonstrates high-efficiency, high-density, high-voltage automotive bias supply with 60-W , 15-V ouput using a zero-voltage-switching flyback (ZVSF) controller. The UCC28781-Q1 drives a primary-side silicon MOSFET directly and drives a secondary-side synchronous rectifier through a UCC5304 isolated gate-driver to increase efficiency and to achieve ZVS.
- High frequency operation >150 kHz enables small solution size while multi-mode operation maintains high efficiency across line and load.
- Fixed 15-V output is rated for 4 Adc when the input is between 500 Vdc and 250Vdc, and is derated to 2 A for inputs between 250 Vdc and 50 Vdc.
- Efficiency > 94% at 250 Vdc, full load and stand-by power < 70 mW at 500 Vdc, no load.
- Also included on-board is an optional means to power the EVM from a 90-Vac to 264-Vac source.
- This circuit design is tested and is available as an EVM with a corresponding user's guide.