UCC28782 active clamp flyback converter 65-W USB-C PD EVM with ISO7710FD
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
- Using the UCC28782EVM-030 (Rev. B)
(PDF 10243 KB)
20 Aug 2020
UCC28782EVM-030 demonstrates high-efficiency and high-density for a 65-W USB Type-C™ power delivery (PD) off-line adapter using the UCC28782 active-clamp flyback controller. The input supports a universal 90 Vac to 264 Vac and the single output can be set to 5 V, 9 V and 15 V all at 3-A max and 20-V at 3.25-A max, which can be adjusted with the USB PD interface controller. High frequency operation with 250 kHz nominal enables small solution size while the multi-mode operation maintains high efficiency. GaN MOSFETs are used and driven with UCC28782 products and the ISO7710FD part. Synchronous rectification is used on the output to increase efficiency.
- Universal AC input of 90 to 264 Vac with USB Type-C™ PD 3.0 compliant output up to 65 W (5 V/3 A, 9 V/3 A, 15 V /3 A, 20 V/3.25 A)
- Efficiency and standby power consumption exceeds regulatory requirements CoC Tier 2 and DoE Level VI
- Power density of 30 W/in3 with an efficiency of 93% at 90-VAC full load
- Frequency dithering, x-capacitor discharge simplifies compliance with EMI requirements EN 55022
- Uses GaN MOSFETs to increase efficiency