The UCC5880-Q1 evaluation module is designed for evaluation of 20-A isolated single-channel gate driver with adjustable gate drive strength and advanced protection functions. This gate driver is targeted to drive high power SiC MOSFETs and IGBTs in EV/HEV applications. UCC5880-Q1 driver stage features a split output dual driver to allow highest flexibility in gate drive strength for different application conditions. Protection functions such as the active Miller clamp, DESAT or shunt current sensing detection, soft turn-off or 2-level soft turn-off, VCE overvoltage protection, UVLO and OVLO of gate driver power supplies, temperature monitoring and thermal shutdown, and gate monitoring are included to support systems demanding high reliability. This driver also incorporates sophisticated diagnostic, protection, and monitoring features through a serial peripheral interface (SPI).
- Dual driver with split outputs: 15-A peak source and sink paths and 5-A peak source and sink paths
- Primary and secondary side active short circuit (ASC) support
- Power transistor protections: DESAT, OC/SC, programmable soft turnoff (STO) and two-level soft turnoff (2STO) during power transistor faults
- SPI based device reconfiguration, verification, supervision and diagnosis
- GUI available for use with optional TMDSCNCD280039C evaluation module controlCARD (not included)