This reference design is a 2460-W bidirectional boost converter for automotive applications. The circuit is powered from the nominal 12-V battery to provide an output voltage of 48 V at 51.25 A. The design uses two dual-phase synchronous bidirectional controllers operating at a switching frequency of 200 kHz per phase. The 48-V output is designed to drive a motor. When the load current reverses and the output voltage reaches 54 V, hysteretic direction control allows the load current to be returned to the 12-V battery. Normal boost operation resumes when the output voltage returns to 48 V. Mounting holes are provided for a bottom-side heat sink underneath the MOSFETs.
- Bidirectional boost solution for higher power
- Excellent phase current sharing for balanced thermal performance
- Jumper selectable phase control
- Mounting option for bottom-side heat sink
- Reverse battery protection