This analog, bidirectional power conversion reference design has a discharge or boost stage of 500 W and charge or buck stage of 50 W. This reference design is made for 24-V battery pack and 30-V to 38-V bus voltage for use in DC-UPS, battery backup unit (BBU), local energy storage (LES) and DC/DC brick modules. The design’s high efficiency of >98% discharge and >95% charge optimizes the thermal management and extends battery backup time.
- High efficiency of 98.3% peak and 97.4% at full load as backup power supply
- Delivers high power output 20A, 30V as backup supply and charges battery at 2A during normal operation
- Fast changeover in <500 μs from charging to backup supply mode enables fast power transfer during power failure
- Compact solution with built-in heat sink (65 mm × 60 mm × 18 mm)
- Typical efficiency of ≈ 95%, maximum efficiency of > 98.5%
- Built-in analog solution for transition and CC-CV logic implemented reducing solution cost