Experience how TI’s advanced proprietary wireless protocol is used in an automotive battery management system (BMS) to eliminate wiring harnesses and connectors. TI’s wireless BMS solution is the industry’s first TÜV SÜD-assessed functional safety concept based on the BQ79616-Q1 battery monitor and balancer and the SimpleLink™ 2.4-GHz CC2662R-Q1 wireless MCU. Demo based on TI’s SimpleLink wireless BMS development kit (CC2662RQ1-EVM-WBMS) and SimpleLink wireless BMS SDK (SIMPLELINK-WBMS-SDK).
- Key benefits of TI’s wireless BMS solution:
- Freedom to develop robust & reliable, system-level designs across multiple platforms at the lowest cost (25-35% lower than competition)
- The industry’s lowest power consumption up to 10x better than competition (207uA) in sleep mode for reserving energy in the cells when ignition is off
- Reporting voltage and temperature data from each cell to the main MCU with best-in class accuracy of +/-2 mV
- Offering dedicated time slots to provide high throughput and low latency allowing up to 100 CSUs to communicate quickly with minimal RF interference in harsh automotive environments.
- TI wireless BMS solution is the industry’s most robust communication link with the highest network availability of greater than 99.999% with lowest network PER 10E-7
- Achieve system-level functional safety compliance through a TÜV-SÜD assessed safety concept with documented ASIL-D quantitative and qualitative error detection performance.