Thread wireless MCUs
Thread is an IP-based, low-power wireless mesh network for home and building automation
Thread is an IPv6 based wireless personal area mesh networking protocol designed for home and building automation. Thread enables smart locks, thermostats, and other sensor or actuator devices to seamlessly integrate with existing cloud-based infrastructures and digital assistants. Explore our OpenThread on the SimpleLink™ family of wireless MCUs offering sub 0.85-μA sleep current.
- Lowest power thread platform
- Multi-year operation on a coin cell battery
- Enhanced sensor controller for ultra-low power
- The CC26x2 SDK contains the OpenThread stack
- Regular contributions to the open thread community
What is Thread?
Thread is an open standard created for reliable, cost-effective, and low-power communication in home and building automation:
- Secure, wireless mesh network protocol
- Open IPv6 based protocol allows for easy connection with existing networks
- Easy to use smart-phone commissioning
- Supports wireless device to device, device to mobile, and device to cloud communication
Sleepy end devices
Battery operated nodes that only communicate through a parent node that the Leader designated.
Router-eligible end devices
Ability to turn into a Router to ensure there is no single point of failure in the mesh network.
Routes packets within the Thread network and enables/accepts new devices joining the network.
Provides connectivity to adjacent networks (Wi-Fi, Ethernet, etc.). Routes packets in and out of the Thread network.
Matter: the foundation for connected things
We are a founding member of Matter (formerly known as Project CHIP), a new, unified connectivity standard which simplifies development for manufacturers and provides reliable interoperability for consumers. The SimpleLink™ wireless MCU platform offers the lowest-power solutions for Thread, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth LE for any Matter end device. Let’s build one of a kind devices with a one-of-a-kind foundation together.
Featured Thread products
OpenThread is an open source implementation of Thread released by Nest. OpenThread is distributed on GitHub and the software is available under a BSD license. We contribute all OpenThread development efforts to the OpenThread community.
Support and training