LDC0851EVM - High Accuracy Inductive Switch with Stacked Coils Evaluation Module
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
- LDC0851EVM User's Guide (Rev. A)
(PDF 1995 KB)
30 Jul 2017
The LDC0851 evaluation module demonstrates using inductive sensing technology to accurately detect the presence of a conductive target object passing a fixed threshold. The evaluation module includes a perforated and interchangeable 4-layer PCB where both the sensing coil and reference coil are stacted for reduced system size. The presence of a conductive object passing the fixed threshold is indicated by a green LED; therefore, no MCU or GUI is required. Adjust the resistive potentiometer to switch the threshold easily for flexibility and quick system prototyping.
- The LDC0851 troubleshooting guide for identifying and fixing common setup issues
- The stacked coil design considerations application note
- The LDC calculator tool for help with designing coils and device configuration for your specific application
Step 4: Visit our E2E inductive sensing FAQ support forum to ask questions and joing the conversation about the principles of inductive sensing with other engineers
- 1.8V - 3.3 V operating voltage
- Includes a stacked coil for rapid prototyping
- Push/Pull output
- Adjustable switching distance threshold for evaluating a wide variety of use cases
- No GUI or MCU required
- Temperature and other environmental variation compensated by matching sense and reference coils