View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- 20Bit, 1MSPS Isolator Optimized Data Acquisition Ref Design (Rev. A)
(PDF 2173 KB)
27 Jan 2016 495 views
TIDA-01037 is a 20-bit, 1 MSPS isolated analog input data acquisition reference design that utilizes two different isolator devices to maximize signal chain SNR and sample rate performance. For signals requiring low jitter, such as ADC sampling clocks, TI’s ISO73xx family of low jitter devices are used whereas TI’s high speed ISO78xx family of devices are used to maximize data sample rate. By combing these two isolator solutions, high frequency performance is significantly improved by minimizing sample clock jitter across the isolation boundary, and data throughput is improved by maximizing isolator signaling rate. Additional improvements are realized by utilizing TI’s advanced ADC multiSPITM and source-synchronous features. Finally, all key design theories are described and measured results presented.
- Differential input, isolated, 20-bit, 1-MSPS, Data Acquisition (DAQ) reference design
- Optimized isolator solution for input signals up to 100 kHz
- Additional jitter mitigation circuitry not required
- Demonstrates low SPI clock rates with the TI’s innovative multiSPI™ and source-synchronous mode ADC digital interfaces
- Provides capaility to evaluate system SNR performance due to sample clock jitter
- Includes theory, calculation, component selection, PCB design and measurement results