Increasingly, applications require Wi-Fi-enabled energy measurement and control, particularly in end products such as Smart Plugs and Smart Receptacles, and in general application spaces such as home appliances, Smart Grid, and building automation.
The CC3200 Smart Plug is a full system solution, which integrates within a single microcontroller (MCU) the metrology data computation, and handles all Wi-Fi communication, including connection to a cloud server. The device monitors energy consumption from a single load and controls the high voltage side while communicating data over Wi-Fi to other devices and to Cloud server. The system also includes a Flyback Power Supply Unit (PSU) that powers the system efficiently while being highly compact.
- SimpleLink™ Wi-Fi connectivity over 802.11 b/g/n networks from any mobile device
- Single-phase energy measurement that calculates current, voltage, power and energy
- Single Wi-Fi wireless MCU, with integrated ADC to compute the metrology data and handle Wi-Fi communications
- Discrete metrology circuitry on board
- Fast-switching solid-state relay to locally or remotely set the power ON or OFF
- Isolated Flyback Power Supply To Provide Constant-Voltage (CV) and Constant-Current (CC) Output Regulation without Optical Coupler
- Includes complete documentation, schematic files, as well as SW source for the embedded and Android mobile application
- Enables the Internet of Things (IoT)