View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- Wi-Fi Link for Energy Monitoring Design Guide (Rev. A)
(PDF 3034 KB)
13 Oct 2015 59 views
The TIDC-WIFI-METER-READING TI Design adds Wi-Fi® communications to the TIDM-3OUTSMTSTRP smart power strip design. Wi-Fi connectivity is provided by the SimpleLink™ Wi-Fi CC32000 wireless MCU. A remote user can monitor the electricity consumption of the loads plugged into each of the three outlets and control a relay to switch power on/off. Smart power strips require connectivity to maximize their role in improving energy efficiency for applications such as data centers. The TIDM-BLE-MTR-READING TI Design offers another connectivity option.
- Wi-Fi connectivity to monitor and control three independent electrical loads
- Smartphone or table display of active and reactive power, energy, power factor and other energy measurement parameters
- Wirelessly controlled relay to switch power on/off to individual loads
- SimpleLink™ Wi-Fi CC32000 wireless MCU provides integrated Wi-Fi in a single device
- High-efficiency flyback power supply architecture minimizes BOM count and reduces cost