- Three-Outlet Smart Power Strip Design Guide
(PDF 15059 KB)
23 Jul 2014 410 views
This design implements a high accuracy single phase embedded metering smart power strip application using an MSP430 MCU. Built to support of measuring AC voltage, current, active power, reactive power, apparent power, frequency, power factor with 3 socket measured individually. Additional hardware is added to provide futher development like relay control, and wired/wireless communication.
- Measures AC frequency, RMS voltage, RMS current
- Measures P active, P reactive, P apparent, power factor in better than 0.5% accuracy
- Readings update every 8 AC cycles
- Automatic reporting measurements to UART