View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
Ideal for outdoor, entertainment, and industrial lighting applications, this LED Lighting design provides high power and high efficiency illumination with built-in communications networking. The lighting unit consists of a 250W universal AC-input LED driver power supply and a demonstrational six-string LED lamp. Driving the LED’s with great power efficiency and electrical utilization, the LED driver power supply operates at greater than 90% power efficiency with 0.99 power factor (PF). Furthermore, to support system-networked lighting and remote connectivity, this power supply includes support for common lighting communications standards including Digital Addressable Lighting Interface (DALI), DMX512, and Power Line Communications (PLC).
- Suitable worldwide for high-illumination and dimmable LED applications, the LED driver power supply supports universal AC input and up to 250W LED loads.
- System-ready LED driver power supply consists of AC rectification with single phase boost-mode power factor correction (PFC), a half-bridge LLC Resonant DC/DC converter, and independent LED dimming stages.
- Wide LED dimming spectrum with power-efficient operation made possible by digitally controlled, load-reactive, LED driver power supply.
- System-networked lighting and remote connectivity support provided through integrated lighting communications protocols, including DALI, DMX512, and power line communications (PLC).
- High-efficiency LED driver power supply operation, precise LED dimming control, and robust communications networking made possible by the C2000™ Piccolo™ TMS320F28027 microcontroller.
- LED lighting reference platform is available for purchase and includes hardware platform, software examples and libraries, graphical user interface (GUI), technical application notes, and step-by-step theory-based user guides.
NOTE: Software for this board is located inside the controlSUITE™ software package. Download controlSUITE at ti.com/controlsuite. Once installed, navigate to "Solar Micro Inverter Development Kit" under the Development Tools -> Solar section.