View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
Ideal for automotive, entertainment, retail, and decorative lighting applications, the Multi-String RGB LED Lighting design implements independent multi-string LED control with dimming and color mixing. The LED driver consists of 8 independent and digitally controlled DC/DC power converters driving 8 LED strings.
- Independently drive up to 8 LED strings, including light color mixing with RGB LED strings.
- Suitable design reference for color or white LED applications. DC/DC LED driver power supply consists of 6 Boost DC/DC converters for driving red, green, and blue LED strings and 2 SEPIC DC/DC converters for driving white LED strings.
- DC/DC LED driver power supply supports 12 – 18 VDC (nominal) input and 50 mA max driver current per string
- Over-current protection to protect board components from damaging current levels
- Precise LED dimming control, and robust RGB LED color mixing made possible by the C2000™ Piccolo™ TMS320F28027 microcontroller.
- LED lighting reference platform is available for purchase and includes hardware platform, software examples and libraries, graphical user interface (GUI), technical application notes, and step-by-step theory-based user guides.
NOTE: Software for this board is located inside the controlSUITE™ software package. Download controlSUITE at http://www.ti.com/tool/controlsuite. Once installed, navigate to "Multi-DC/DC Color LED Kit" under the Development Tools -> Lighting section.