TPS54386 13.2V Input, Dual 5V and 3.3V Output, 2A Evaluation Module
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
- Using the TPS54386EVM
(PDF 306 KB)
19 Jul 2007
The TPS54386EVM evaluation module (EVM) is a dual non-synchronous buck converter providing fixed 5.0-V and 3.3-V output at up to 2 A each from a 12-V input bus. The EVM is designed to start up from a single supply, so no additional bias voltage is required for start-up. The module uses the TPS54386 Dual Non-Synchronous Buck Converter with Integral High-Side FET. TPS54386EVM is designed to use a regulated 12-V (+10% / -20%) bus to produce two regulated power rails, 5.0 V and 3.3 V at up to 2 A of load current each. TPS54386EVM is designed to demonstrate the TPS54386 in a typical 12-V bus system while providing a number of test points to evaluate the performance of the TPS54386 in a given application. The EVM can be modified to other input or output voltages by changing some of the components.
- 12-V (+10% / -20%) Input Range
- 5.0-V and 3.3-V Fixed Output Voltage, Adjustable with Resistor Change
- 2-ADC Steady State Output Current (3 A Peak)
- 600-kHz Switching Frequency (fixed by TPS54386)
- Internal Switching MOSFET and External Rectifier Diode
- Double Sided 2 Active Layer PCB (all components on top side, test point signals routed on internal layers)
- Active Converter Area Less than 1.8 Square Inches (0.89" x 1.97")
- Convenient Test Points (used for probing switching waveforms and non-invasive loop response testing)