CC256x Bluetooth® / Dual-Mode Evaluation Module
TI's reference design for CC256x Bluetooth solution is used on this evaluation module board. The CC256x Bluetooth solution can support Bluetooth classic & Bluetooth low energy or ANT.
To aid in the implementation of this reference design, there are schematic, layout, BOM and gerber files available on the CC256x Main Wiki page.
The TI CC256x Bluetooth device is a complete BR/EDR/LE HCI solution that reduces design effort and enables fast time to market for applications like cable replacement, wireless sensors, mobile device accessories, industrial control, health and fitness devices, and simple audio solutions. Based on TI’s seventh-generation core, the device brings a product-proven solution that supports 4.1 dual mode (BR/EDR/LE) protocols.
- Bluetooth Specification v4.1
- Dual Mode - Bluetooth & Bluetooth low energy or ANT
- TI Bluetooth Stack with many profiles
- Other profiles available on request i.e. Audio Profiles
- FCC, IC, CE certified
- High sensitivity (-93 dBm typ.)
- UART Interface
- 4 Layer PCB design
- ROM spin to enable offload host and saves current with assisted audio
- SBC encode/decode on chip
- Support for 2 wire UART (TX, RX), SW flow control (H5 protocol), and 4 wire UART (H4 protocol)
- Up to 10 Bluetooth low energy connections
- 1 CC256x EM board with TI CC256x device with QFN package
- 1 Jumper for MSP-EXP430F5438 board
- 4 Jumpers for MSP-EXP430F5529 board
- Experimenter boards sold separately