SimpleLink™ Wi-Fi® CC3220 Software Development Kit (SDK)
|Part Number||Buy from Texas Instruments or Third Party||Alert Me||Status||Current Version||Version Date|
The SimpleLink™ Wi-Fi® CC3220 SDK contains drivers for the CC3220 programmable MCU, 30+ sample applications, and documentation needed to use the solution. It also contains the flash programmer, a command line tool for flashing software, configuring network and software parameters (SSID, access point channel, network profile, etc.), system files, and user files (certificates, web pages, etc). This SDK can be used with TI’s SimpleLink Wi-Fi CC3220 LaunchPads.
The SDK has a variety of support offerings. All sample applications in the SDK are supported on the integrated Cortex™-M4 with CCS IDE and no RTOS. In addition, a few of the applications support IAR, Free RTOS, and TI RTOS.
The SimpleLink™ Wi-Fi® CC3220 HOMEKIT contains drivers for the CC3220 to make it HomeKit compatible along with supporting users guide and integration guide. It also contains the flash programmer, a command line tool for flashing software, configuring network and software parameters (SSID, access point channel, network profile, etc.), system files, and user files (certificates, web pages, etc). This SDK can be used with TI’s SimpleLink Wi-Fi CC3220 LaunchPads and CC3120 BoosterPacks.
The SimpleLink™ MCU SDKs
The SimpleLink MCU SDKs feature common components and device-specific middleware to speed up your time-to-market and provide a unified development experience across the entire SimpleLink MCU portfolio of wired and wireless devices. Intuitive and standardized APIs enable 100% application code portability.
Common SimpleLink SDK components:
- TI Drivers offer portable, feature-rich access to peripherals through easy-to-use functional APIs
- DriverLib hardware abstraction layer (HAL) offer lower-level access for peripheral and device-specific optimization
- OS/Kernel provides real-time, multi-tasking operation using the integrated TI-RTOS kernel, or other OS offerings such as FreeRTOS.
- POSIX-compliant APIs enable application code portability between different OS/kernels
- Examples are included in documentation and training to help you start developing
Middleware: Each device SDK incorporates additional middleware components to enable developers to take advantage of device-specific features and application-level libraries
Plugins: SDK plugins are also available to extend the functionalities of the SDK with protocols and software for external components.
- SimpleLink SDK Bluetooth® Plugin provides Bluetooth low energy wireless connectivity to SimpleLink MSP432 MCUs
- SimpleLink SDK Wi-Fi Plugin provides Wi-Fi connectivity with CC3120 network processor to SimpleLink MSP432 MCUs
- Sensors and Actuator Plugin enables SimpleLink MSP432 MCUs to interface with a number of analog and digital sensors and actuators from TI and 3rd-party providers
- Internet-on-a-chip sample applications
- Email from SimpleLink Wi-Fi solution
- Information center: get time and weather from the internet
- https server: host a secure web page on SimpleLink Wi-Fi solution
- XMPP: IM chat client
- Serial interface
- Wi-Fi sample applications
- Easy Wi-Fi configuration
- Station, AP modes
- Security – Enterprise/Personal, TLS/SSL
- Power management – Deep sleep, hibernate
- MCU peripheral sample applications
- Including parallel camera, I2S audio , ADC, I2C, PWMs, JTAG Flashing and more