SimpliciTI Compliant Protocol Stack
|Part Number||Buy from Texas Instruments or Third Party||Alert Me||Status||Current Version||Version Date|
SimpliciTI-IAR-1.2.0.exe (Rev. E)
(ZIP 12459 KB)
28 Nov 2011 1,580 views
SimpliciTI-CCS-1.1.1.exe (Rev. A)
(ZIP 9918 KB)
18 Dec 2009 835 views
View SimpliciTI Structure
SimpliciTI is a simple low-power RF network protocol aimed at small RF networks. Such networks typically contain battery operated devices which require long battery life, low data rate and low duty cycle and have a limited number of nodes talking directly to each other or through an access point or range extenders. Access point and range extenders are not required but provide extra functionality such as store and forward messages. With SimpliciTI the MCU resource requirements are minimal which results in the low system cost.
SimpliciTI was designed for easy implementation and deployment out-of-the-box on several TI RF platforms such as the MSP430 family of low-power MCUs and the CC1XXX/CC25XX/CC430 transceivers and SoCs. The sample applications run out-of-the-box on several hardware platforms:
- SmartRF04 + CC2430EM Development Board
- SmartRF05 + MSP430F2618 + CC2520EM Development Board
- MSP430FG4618/F2013 Experimenter Board with CC1100EM, CC1101EM or CC2500EM
- eZ430-RF2500 Development Tool
- CC430 Wireless Development Tool
- CC1110-CC1111DK and CC2510-CC2511DK
For more information on SimpliciTI™ please visit our SimpliciTI™ wiki page.
Check out the TI SmartRF Packet Sniffer for SimpliciTI below. The packet sniffer runs on a wide variety of capture devices and can visualize the radio traffic on air in real-time. This graphic shows an example of a live capture with the SmartRF Packet Sniffer.
- Low power - A TI proprietary low-power network protocol
- Direct device-to-device communication
- Simple star with access point for store and forward to end device
- Range extenders to increase range to 4 hops
- Simple - Utilizes a 5 command API
- Low data rate and low duty cycle
- Application examples:
- Alarm & security: occupancy sensors, light sensors, carbon monoxide sensors, glass-breakage detectors
- Smoke detectors
- Automatic meter reading: gas meters, water meters, e-meters
- Active RF-ID applications
SimpliciTI is supplied as full source code and the supplied projects can be compiled using the CCS and IAR EW430 for MSP430 or EW8051 for 8051 SoCs. Evaluation versions of the IAR compilers can be downloaded from www.iar.com. Small applications can be built using the free evaluation version. Please contact your local IAR office for further details.