View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- Power Reduction Using Dynamic Switching Design Guide
(PDF 1204 KB)
10 Nov 2015 84 views
This design shows the power reduction benefits of dynamically switching a load on/off using a load switch. The design guide shows how frequency of switching, duty cycle, and the use of a discharge resistor can have an impact on power consumption.
- Power consumption benefits when switching a load on/off dynamically
- Effects of frequency, duty cycle, and load current on power consumption
- Use of load switch with and without quick output discharge for dynamic switching
- This design is tested and includes data for each use case